electrical probs of my own

Here is the problem

Radio cuts out at a certain volume.

My diagnosis - not enough power

other symptoms - whenever some form of lights is turned on, the amout of
usable power to the radio is less. - i.e. when i hit the turn signal, it
cuts the radio out in time with the blinker.  If I throw it in reverse,
when the back up lights come on the radio cuts out.
now it is a really crappy radio anyways, but I don't have the spare $$$
to put a decent deck in it right now & would like to run this as long as
possible.

what i think - If I move the power wire to a different source (from
light wire to hmmmm.... ignition wire?  door buzzer wire?) it should fix
the problem.... I can't remember what wire was suggested when we were
discussing key placement for radio ON.

more thoughts - is it something more insiduous than just the wrong wire
placement?  I have a prob of low power when I first crank my car in the
morning.  It will not start if the AC is on, and the radio won't play
until the alternator is happily cranking power thru the whole car (when
the lil red lights go off).  It is also getting progressively harder to
start - it takes about 30 seconds to run smoothly when I crank it...

any & all help is thouroughly appreciated

Mark
84 8v
mechanically challenged (me, not the car ;-)