Re: [Opinion] Front End Anti-Sway Bar Theory

Good question Mark.  My feeling is that they are running spring rates high
enough to offset severe oversteer, so for track, it can work.  However, I favor
a stiff front bar and lots of negative camber on the front wheels to induce
balance in cornering.  I run a stock rear bar, stock springs, 22mm Autotech
front bar, and 2.5 degrees negative camber on the front wheels, and have no
understeer problem whatsoever, unless it rains.

Jim

Mark A Peele wrote:

> I'm bored at work so heres a question: Anybody check out Shine Racing's
> Web Page?
>
> http://www.srsvw.com/
>
> They advocate no front swaybar. They say it promotes understeer.
> Interesting contrast to the normal 16mm to 22mm upgrade.
>
> I am currently running the 16.5mm front with a 24mm rear (VW) bar along
> with H&R lowering springs. I am very happy with this set up.
>
> I have a Neuspd 22mm bar, but I havn't gotten around to installing it.
> I'll be very interested to what difference it makes.
>
> Thinking aloud  . . .
> Mark . . .
> Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
> Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975

Need Wheels?  Visit my site at Bahnburners!

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5211/index.html