[Mk2][scirocco-accident] [long] Christine

Hello list,

I had an accident with my Rocco,
and  the worst thing on it: it was my fault...

Saturday at noon I was driving through the city to buy some steaks for the
BBQ.
The weather was fine the music was good and I felt great.
I had to stop at a traffic light.
When the lights went green again the Audi in front of me started and me too.
But I did not notice that he was stopping again a split second later
 until I crashed in his car with full throttle.
OH NO !
I never liked those dreamers who are driving without paying attention
and now I made the same mistake !

O.K. until here it¥s a normal idiotic accident,
but the strange thing comes right now:

The Audi 80  I hit, is totally damaged at rear, broken taillights,
torn bumper, smashed hatch & rear sheet metal.

And my Rocco ? NOTHING except those plastic screws
for the lamps are broken (hey Mark Peele you know them....)
The 53's front is still in "show room condition" all lights
and turn signals are O.K., the hood  opens as always
the paint is like new - it¥s almost unbelievable !

The police asked me if that was really my car which caused
that accident or If I have steel bars in my bumpers...

That was not the first time my car behaved like that.
On Autobahn I was hit in rear by a VW Passat.
While the Passat was severely damaged, on the Rocco
only the bumper had to be repainted...

I¥m really not believing in this Christine-bullshit but
this is really strange....

Although beeing happy that my Rocco is still O.K.
I¥m REALLY ANGRY about
- - having destroyed the car of somebody else
- - making such a mistake after 13 years of (good) driving
- - paying much more insurance now

thanks God nobody was injured !

Dirk
53b "Christine"