Steering Column Vibes

I was thinking the top or bottom bearing was bad on my steering column
was bad  - - - do'h

Sometimes it pays to have someone else look at it. This guy Brian in So.
Md (six Sciroccos on hois property) looked at it and noticed that the U
joint at the bottom of the shaft was loose. Tightened it up - good as
new. I have no idea how the bolt got loose - it has a lock nut on it.

This guy just picked up a 1981 S Scirocco - best looking one I've seen
since the showroom. Garage kept. Beautiful Silver. Only thing missing is
the air dam.

Some people have all the luck  :)
Mark . . .
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975