Changing engine... Are these steps ok?

I need to change my engine (burning oil, no compression).  I don't know
anything about inside an engine, but I think I can install one if it comes
all together (used).  I will change my clutch at the same time.

Are these step right? Am I missing something that can stop my show?   (they
might not be in a good order)

1 - remove battery.
2 - remove windshield sprayer & hood.
3 - remove intake boot (before throttle-body)
4 - remove injectors
5 - remove electronic plugs : cold start, oil pressure, oil temp, coolant
temp, thermo-time, etc...
6 - remove exhaust at downpipe.
7 - remove backup switch plug, speedo cable, linkage clip
8 - remove oil & water from block
9 - remove rad fan wireing & thermo-switch
10 - remove rad
11 - remove coil-to-distributor spark cable & hall sender cable
12 - remove heater hoses
13 - starter harness & starter
14 - remove gas hoses at cold start , pressure regulator, etc...
15 - remove gas pedal cable
16 - remove horn (?)
17 - remove hub cap, hub bolt
18 - slack ball joint knuckle
19 - remove ball joint (not remove, just pull it down)
20 - free & remove drive axles
21 - install hoist on engine supporting it (& jack under lower tranny with
wood 2x4)
22 - remove mounts
23 - remove engine from car

afterward ..

1 - remove exhaust manifold from engine & install on new block
2 - remove intake manifold & throttle body & install on new block
3 - transfer all goodies remaining on engine to new engine
4 - separate tranny from engine
5 - chuck engine as far as possible cursing at it, kicking it and wishing
you had bought a honda (NOT), no I meant thanking it for all the pulling
teeth, nose bleeds and controlable wipouts the engine has granted you)

6 - Install new clutch & align
7 - Install tranny on engine
8 - Install engine in car wishing it's in good condition.
9 - Plug back everthing.
10 - Kick some Honda's ass. (wishing of course, that no cops are around)

Anything missing?

Question 1 - can I keep the axles on the tranny?
Question 2 - what is the best way to find a good engine with a good
compression?
Question 3 - Would it be best for me to just re-built mine?  As I said, i'm
not very good inside an engine (ie: don;t know how to remove/install a
timing belt.)
Question 4 - Any special tools needed apart the ratchet set, the hoist, the
axle 30mm nut remover, quick-wrench, vise-grip, screw-drivers..?

Thanks

Frank