Re: 1.8 Turbo New Beetle

At 10:26 AM 8/14/98 -0700, you wrote:

>  there was also discussion of how many people have been buying the 2.0
>beetle in Canada for around $13700 US( due to better value than the  CD
>$) and doing minor improvements to them and bringing them back into the
>US or even exporting them to Europe.  European launch of the beetle has

It's funny that you meantion it .. 'Cause here in Ottawa, we were the 2nd
City in Canada to recieve the NB (Toronto being the first, of course), and
they used to be a novelty, but it's really hard to drive anywhere here in
Ottawa now without seeing at least one every day .. They're selling like
hotcakes, 'cause they're retailing for roughly $20k Can. for the 2.0L and a
couple bucks more for the 1.9TDI.  Almost every VW shop here in Ottawa has
them on mega backorder.

Chris Cuzner (cuznerc@gilmore.ca)
File Management (Data Center)
Gilmore Global Logistic Services