1.8 Turbo New Beetle

Just got my Autoweek yesterday and they have a very long article about
the new turbo beetle that they got to drive in Europe.  They had a blast
with it, but the check engine light did come on shortly after the took
delivery of the car.  It ended up not being anything and they reset the
OBD II codes.  The beetle does have an automatic wing similar to the
Corrado, but when it is not up, it falls flat against the top of the rear
window and just looks like that black tinted portion of the upper rear
window.
    On another note, I saw a white beetle with a sunroof yesterday at Cal
State Fullerton.  I thought that the sunroof wasn't going to be available
for another 6 months because of design problems.  Anyone know for sure?
  there was also discussion of how many people have been buying the 2.0
beetle in Canada for around $13700 US( due to better value than the  CD
$) and doing minor improvements to them and bringing them back into the
US or even exporting them to Europe.  European launch of the beetle has
already been delayed because of excess demand here in North america and
they are looking at possbily beginning production of the new beetle in
Wolfsburg to satisfy demand for the European market.  Germany is now
supposed to get the car in the first quarter of 99 and Japan will have to
wait for at least a year for the right hand drive model.  Apparently some
of the US beetles have made it into some of the rental fleets in Germany
and are going for between $130 and 140 A DAY.  Crazy.  Just FYI
Ken Weidmann Jr
GLXTASY@Juno.com
Checkered Flag Automotive Components
95 Black Jetta GLX M3 wannabe