Re: 1.8T Scirocco?

Owen wrote:

> >     For a while now, there have been posts on the list like putting Audi
> > Engines in old 8v roccos and VR6s in 'em too.  My question is:  Would
> > the 20V 1.8 Turbo motor found in the A4/Passat/New Beetle possibly fit
> > into a rocco?  It would be a great project.  Put a chip in, exaust, and
> > some other mods and you'd be pushing 230-240 HP.
>
>         It's been done in a mk1 golf, so i'm sure you could do the same to a
> rocco, being the same chassi and all.
>
>                 HTH
>
> Owen
> 87 16v
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571

Actually, I don't think it will fit in an A1 chassis.  I read that the A4
platform is way different than anything that VW has put out before.  It is
supposed to have a different way of mounting the engine so it doesn't move so
much.  Who knows though.  If you wanted to do it bad enough I'm sure you could
do it.  As nice as it would be to have one in the rocco, I don't know if it
would be worth the hassle, kind of like a G60 rocco.  I got most of this
information of European Car Magazine. I  know they are not the most reliable
source, but it wasn't written by Wu!  Who knows?

Ryan Bailey
85 8v