Re: Nology sux!

At 09:27 PM 8/13/98 PDT, you wrote:
>We have three Clubh2o members that have used Nology for some time and they
all claim it is the best.  Maybe
>because they paid a lot for it...

  When I first got them, I thought it may have been a little better than
the performance from my old beat up stock stuff, but the difference was so
very slight that I couldn't chalk it up to the wires, I really think it was
just a mental thing, even then I figured thats all it was. If there was a
difference, it was very slight, and I think it came from the weight loss my
wallet went through. Potter and Shawn have admittedly seen a couple of hp
gains when they did some dyno runs, but I can't remember the full story
there, if they were doing A-B comparisons between new Nology systems and
used stock systems, or what. A couple of hp can easily be accounted for by
slightly changing conditions, etc.

>A friend has it on a highly modified G60 and he has seen improvements in
mpg and
>overall performance

Did he do back to back testing with other "performance" wires? I think most
of the products in this market are somewhat gimmicky, with marketing much
more important than realized gains. Taking a look at Nology's other fine
products(spring loaded exhaust cap- HAH!), you can see they are far from
exempt on the gimmicky dept. And its funny to see how many people swear
they got gains from XYZ, when you know perfectly well thats impossible. I'm
sort of in this industry, designing electronics/ignitions, but I do it for
motorcycles, and see plenty of the same there. I really didn't care if
Nology wires gave me a performance increase or not when I bought them. I
got a good deal on them, and I needed new plug wires. Stock 16V plugs wires
are expensive, so are the aftermarket stuff. And these looked kinda cool,
in addition to being reasonably priced(only because it was on sale). If
they weren't on sale, I wouldn't have gotten them, they're way overpriced.
So all I wanted was new plug wires, that ran as good and reliably as stock.
So far, these Nology wires haven't done that.

Brad