Car shudders when turning left - what gives?

Hey everyone - got a problem.  My '88 16V shudders violently when I am
accelerating into a left-hand turn.  It doesn't do this if I'm turning
right or going straight, or not accelerating.  Has anyone else had this
kind of problem?  It definitely feels like it is coming from the front,
and it doesn't really "feel" like it's the engine.

It just started doing this the day after I put my new K&N filter in, but
I can't imagine how this would cause the problem (there is a little green
wire w/ a female connector near my fuel filter/airbox, and I can't figure
out where it goes, but I still don't think this wire would cause the
problem...)

More likely, I suspect, is an outer CV joint.  Three weeks ago I rebuilt
all my CV joints (and replaced one of my outers).  All the joints seemed
to be in good condition, and the re-install and driving since then have
gone just fine.  So if this shuddering (and OH how it shudders) is caused
by a seizing outer joint, what then?  What would cause this?  Is there
anything else I could be overlooking besides a bad joint?

Thanks for any and all help...  I have to lead the pack of Sciroccos on
the Seattle Cruise-Out this weekend, and I'm not looking forward to
driving like a grandma through the left turns :(

- -tim