New Sounds

Well after having this 1996 Golf Radio and CD changer sitting in the corner of
my bedroom for two weeks I finally got a chance to install it in the 16V.
After pulling the piece of crap radio out of it I was very pleased to see that
the other owners didn't cut the plugs they used and adapter. That make me feel
great since I'm so bent okeeping this car as stock as possible. I just had to
add a terminal 15 ignition on wire to the plug and new connector for the
amplified antenna. that was easy since a have those connectors. After
soldering, heat shrinking, and snaping them into the factory plug I pulled the
seats and rear carpet. While I ran the CD changer wire just following the
antenna wire the wife vacummed the car. We found $6.67 in change, cool. We put
the interior back together with some new clips for the carpet and sill plates
(Gotta stay stock)  then I mounted the changed  in the trunk just like the a3
Golfs but flat. I pluged all the plugs into the radio and snapped it in.
Checked the speakers, has the factory speakers and connectors and in great
shape. Turned the ignition dialed in the CODE and whol la TUNES! everything
works and sounds great especially for factory speakers. Sat in the car for
nearly and hour or two just jamming. Wish I had chris's bands CD.

Just thought I'd share my stock experiences, and I thought I had to modify
every thing I drive.

and yes I realize that the system is from a golf BUT it's still stock and all
plugs together just like the factory.

NJScirGTX@aol.com (Steven M. Toughill)
Volkswagen Mechanic and BCFD Sta. 901Cheif Engineer
84 Scirocco GTX & 88 16V Scirocco
VOLKSTECH Inc. Volkswagen Repair and Parts
Burlington, New Jersey (crossroads of Trenton & Philly)
(609)387-3031