From: GUIDO.DAVID@PALO-ALTO.VA.GOV
To: GUIDO.DAVID@PALO-ALTO.VA.GOV, scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Scirocco conversion project
Date: 11 Aug 1998 12:25 PST

Hello everyone! This is my first posting on this message board! And I am
happy to have found some Scirocco enthusiasts!

I am looking for a Scirocco MK1 "donor" chassis so that I can begin to
convert it into an electric vehicle! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area
and was wondering if anyone knows of a chassis that needs a loving home .

Also I would be grateful for any contacts of folks doing said conversion,
I have not seen anything on the "net" about one , just VW rabbits mostly.

I believe the VW Scirocco and Rabbit share the same A1 chassis though, so
the conversion should be fairly straightforward.

I picked the MK1 because its ligher than the later Scirocco's , most came
with manual transmissions and manual streering too. I'm open to any ideas
you might have regarding chassis selection... THANKS!

David Guido
Palo Alto, CA.