Re: 2.0 is a go!

le blanc wrote:

> How's she feel? I've also got a full 2.25 cat back TT
> exhaust.. Did you ever drive the 1.8 prior to the engine swap?

Never did drive any 1.8 Scirocco.. 8v or 16v.. hell, before I bought
this car, I'd never driven ANY Scirocco as a matter of fact!  Plenty
o' GTI's, no 'rocco's.  But I gotta tell you, the Scirocco is at LEAST
as fun to drive as my VR6.. and it FEELS faster, though I know it isn't.
Sitting that low, with that nice short gearing, it just feels a helluva
lot "better" than goosing the VR6.  One of these days I gotta get out
with a G-Tech and time both cars.. results should be interesting.

I'm still trying to confirm which head my motor has - friend of the
original owner and fellow listmember Doug says that it's the 1.8 head,
which I hope it is, but Potterman sez that markings on head indicate
that it's the Passat's 2.0 head.. also original owner just offered
Potterman the 1.8 motor "complete", which would seem to imply that
the original head is still on it....

BTW my exhaust is allegedly the original stock exhaust.  Loud as hell
I might add..

> Am I gonna be a happy camper or what?

Is the pope Polish??    :P

--