Re: help w/ Neuspeed upper bar

That sounds like sound logic to me. I was able to use my massive muscles to
stretch the bar over the studs, and didn't need the jack :)

Well, the whole install took about 10-15mins, and was TOTALLY worth it!
Fewer dash squeaks/rattles, feels a but smoother idle, and the front end
tightened up a lot.
If you dont have an upper bar, get one!

At 12:09 AM 8/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Try this little tip:  Jack up one side of the car if your upper strut bar
>doesn't fit.  I was told not to file any holes, but to do that instead,
>because of the stress that is put on VW strut towers, they get out-of-wack
>sort-a-speak over time.  Apparently, these tie bars are made to exact
>specifications and they will bring your car back to where they need to be.
>Not sure if it's bull crap or not, but you never know.  Try it, it worked
>for me.
>
>Penny
>http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7808/smokinn2.html
>87 Scirocco 16v