RE: Rear discs and stub axle from A2

On Monday, August 10, 1998 9:50 AM, Eric Hedstrom
[SMTP:eric_hedstrom@hotmail.com] wrote:

> Whenever people speak of a rear disc conversion they assume you can't
> take them from an A2 but never explain why. So, why can't I take the
> entire stub axle from an A2 Jetta and bolt it on to my rear axle. The
> diameter and geometry of the rear axle trailing arms look the same.
>
> Incidentally, I don't post very much, but when I do it takes a long time
> (5 days) to make it to the list. Do I have the wrong address?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric Hedstrom

You can take the entire stub axle form either a Jetta or Golf and bolt it
right up.  You just have to switch sides with the CALIPERS because the
e-brake cables on the Scirocco are designed to be on top.

HTH

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop (88 Jetta rear disks)