Re: Lights

Yeah, they REALLY suck!  I have even more of a problem now!   I'm not sure
how the stock high beam/ turn signal stalk works, but a few days ago I
pulled back on the switch to put the high beams on and it turned all the
headlights _out_. So now I dont have high beams. I checked the fuses, but
they were fine. is this the switch itself? I haven't looked into it hard
yet at all
BTW it's an 81 Mk1

At 11:03 PM 8/9/98 -0700, you wrote:

>> I have discovered something tonight. Headlights on US spec cars absolutely
>> suck.
>
>    AMEN!!
>
> Any ideas for inexpensive upgrades? It would be nice to hit the
>> twisties when I felt like it, not just during daylight hours.(less idiots
>> at night around here, most nights.)
>
>    Well, first order of business is to see how much juice you are
>actually getting at the lights.  If you are getting around 12 volts
>when the car is running you aint getting enough.  If your alternator
>is putting out 13.5-14 volts and your lights arent getting it, I would
>throw in relays.  If they get much brighter, excellent!  If they
>aren't, I would recommend getting H4s with some brighter bulbs,
>that is if you have a beefy alternator.  I think you can get a
>set of H4 with 55/60 for around $70 a pair.  They will vastly
>improve your lighting.  If you want more details about relays and
>or lights lemme know.
>
>  Andre'
>  Neon Green 79
>
>--