Mini Side Marker Lights - was:Scirocco go bye bye ...

If you want sidemarkers that look like they were designed for a Scirocco 2
get a set of BMW M3 sidemarkers. The new M3 side marker will fit
inside the side molding (you need to cut a small strip out) and look
GREAT.  This is what you want!!!!

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"

Message text written by INTERNET:TBerk16@aol.com
writes:

>  Now that I'm on a "bar nothing" spending spree, I figured I might as
well
>  throw on a set of side marker lights.  I stopped at the VW dealer
>  yesterday to look at the side marker lights used on the new Passat.
They
>  are really big, and would require a hefty hole in the fenders.  I held
one
>  up to my Scirocco fender, and I don't think it would look right.
>
>  What I would really like is something smaller, that sticks out a wee bit
>  more.

Haha- Check it out, you're luck is looking up,

I was looking into getting some Hella side lights that were just as you
describe: they look rectangular in shape as you view them straight on;
about
1-2" in length, as the sit against the car body, about 1/2-1" tall, and
somewhat triangular in shape on the elevation- somewhat like /\  ,as it
rises
away from the car body.

To install them would only require a round hole about 3/8-1/2" in diameter,
approx.

They come in yellow and a cool smoked color, who knows what else.

I saw them in New Dimension's show room. Maybe they are in the online
catalog,
hold on, I'll check...

Here is a quick snip from the online catalog:

716.94.302 European side marker/blinker light kit small triangle tinted
US$
39.99

I found this by searching w/      marker  .

Maybe that's one of them, hard to know fro sure without a picture.

hth,
TBerk<