Re: new to the list!

Alex Ting wrote:

> hey everybody,
> I'm new to the list, so let me introduce myself.
> I'm 24 and out here on the west coast.  I've owned
> three sciroccos and currently have an '83 with minor
> motor and suspension mods.  I also owned a '77 rabbit
> that I autox for a little while.  When I first subscribed, I was
> a little wary because some people seemed to get a little
> vicious at times, but I'll take my chances as there seems
> to be some really good info on here.  Anyway, I'm thinking
> of stuffing a 2.0 16v (bored and stroked to maybe 2.1 or 2.2)
> into the car.  I need to kick the hell out of my buddy's Integra
> GSR (I can already do it on the track :)

hi, welcome to THE list

i have a friend with a 2.0 16v engine in his 84 scirocco,
the engine's out of a passat and is stock, the tranny is a 2Y out of a gti
he has a complete techtonics exhaust system w/ a borla muffler
and a garret/techtonics chip for the motronic injection

this car is crazy fast!
he once "played" with an NSX on the highway ... he obviously wasn't as fast!
but
he made the other guy wonder where his hundred grand went
(there where witnesses, including the guy in the nsx, so don't flame me saying
it ain't so.. :-)

if you put in a 2.2l with cams and a ported head you're going to have to buy
your poor
friend in the integra a set of binoculars when you race. .. i fell sorry for
him already

but don't forget to beef up your brakes too :-)

> Alex Ting

Nigel Heron
86 Scirocco 8v
85 Scirocco 8v Wolfsburg