Audi engine in VW

Ok... I was talking to a friend of mine about throwing a 1.8 in my '80
Scirocco, when he brings up dropping an Audi engine in... Apparently, the
Audi 80 2.0E engine will drop right in.  Has anyone attempted this?  Also,
does anyone know where I might be able to go about finding one of these
engines?  I've been scouring the web for Audi 80 info, and am coming up a
little dry.  This sounds like a transplant that might be really fun.

Any help is appreciated
David LeDeaux