Treffen

I recently attended the Treffen 98 event in Des Plaines Ill. I first went
to Rockford to meet up with some Corrado Club of America members. They
seemed as interested in my car as I theirs. I met a guy that had a A3 Golf
with a wet NO2 system jetted to 100hp that ran in the 13's at the drag
strip. We were then joined by 13 other cars for a caravan to Des Plaines. They
included the owner of ND and his wife with Michelle who sometimes posts
to the list and Im told TurboTim was there also. Only one other Scirocco
though. Treffen 98 was to be the CCA Corrado Rush event where they attempted
to break the world record of Corrados in one place. Needless to say by
the end of the weekend I was well versed in Corrado speak. I even got a ride
in a yellow G60, although Ill take the Roc any day. It was quite a ride
down to the hotel with 16 cars storming the interstate and turning tolls
into 7 and 8 car drag races. Ive heard more than one toll attendant was
treated for tire smoke inhalation! Once at the hotel the group consumed the
western half of the parking lot and did what VW owners do best....BS. A A2
Golf with a VR6 swap drew some attention (and would be joined by two others
at the show) as well as Rich Fullers tricked out G60 w/remapable chip.
The night air was filled with redlined motors laughs and drinks. The Chicago
Volkswagen Organization who put on the show were very supportive and even
upon arriving to the show I had to talk them into just letting me park my
car and not show it. There were plenty of awesome cars in the show
including list member Daun Yeagley III. He was there with his Scirocco along and
5 others. Also John Van Vuren showed with his Scirocco eating 16V truck.
One notable story which I will post seperately is a good hearted Scirocco
owner noticed my busted left turn signal at the motel the night before the
show and left a new one on my hood when returned to my car after the
show.All I can says is wow! I shot off 4 rolls of 24 exposures and if we can
get a event listing on scirocco.org (I hear Etrik groaning already) and Ill
post them.

Shannon Fenton
Thank you for your time.
sfenton@telegroup.com