Re: [auto-x] I Luv my new Kumho's

At 07:39 AM 8/4/98 -0700, you wrote:
>The other COOL thing about em is after a number of events they pretty
>much wear to where all you see are the 2 deeper groves (kinda look
>like an F1 grooved tire) which more or less eliminates the Aesemetric
>pattern which allows you to 'reverse' mount them on your rims to
>further extend their life.  Did that make sense?  In other words the
>side that normally says "mount this side facing in" can be flipped to
>the outside with no ill effect.

  Just curious, have you actually seen this done? I know on bike tires,
some of these directionally mount slicks or street tires will fall apart in
short order if you stick it on backwards. It has do with how the rubber
molecules are aligned. Does anyone know if Indy slicks are directional? I
would assume those are, I'm just curious how far that trickles down.

Brad