Re: is a poly rear mount unnecessary and prop valve questions.

In a message dated 8/4/98 7:37:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, vwman@skyia.com
writes:

>   Hey all. I just installed a poly front mount on the weekend. I then
> noticed
>  the virtual non-existent rocking motion of the engine. Now.....is it going
>  "too far" if I install either a poly rear or HD rear mount?? Is some
rocking
>  needed within the bay and getting rid of it almost entirely a bad thing??

As I understand it, It's not so much that you want some rocking as much as
vibration dampening. Poly up front seems like it's doing the job. Id recommend
no more than an HD in the back to avoid having all those engine vibes
transmitted into the interior through the firewall.

Besides, if there isn't _some_ give somewhere, then maybe the chassis will
take a beating.

I'm not the most experienced in this area, but them's my thinkins',

TBerk