RE: 4whl disc proportioning?

All 16V Sciroccos have two brake proportioning valves.  They are screwed
directly into the master cylinder in line with the rear brake lines.
 Anytime a car with rear drums is converted to disks and you change to to
the larger M/C and brake booster you need these valves.

I have heard of some (on the list maybe) who have added the rear disks and
not upgraded the fronts who have been able to skip the proportioning
valves.  I believe that this is due to the internal proportioning of the
older M/C.

HTH

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop (10.1 front, rear disks, 22mm M/C)