Re: [autox] ["Kuhmo" tech info]

skerocdriver@juno.com writes:

<< OK, with the shortage of autos tires, does anybody know anything about
 how the Kuhmo tires handle?
 I just completely ended the life of my BFG R1's and since I hear that
 they are for the most part, unobtainable, im looking at the Kuhmo's.
 Info anyone? >>
Here is what I know from the road racing aspect.
The Kuhmo's are even with the new Yokohama A032's - the BFG's are a little
faster - then the Hoosiers are the fastest (they are also expensive and wear
out quicker - speed costs money).  Kuhmo also has one of the better
contingency programs out there.  They really want people to race on thier
tires and will pay for people who finish well.
I see very few IT guys racing on Kuhmo's - some Showroom stock guys use them
(for the contingency money I am told).
IMHO - I would take the Yokohama's before the Kuhmo's.  If you can afford the
Hoosiers - go for it!  I am a little confused on why BFG has no R1's.  Did you
try the team TA hotline?
HTH - Hugh