Re: Amsoil Story

I don't know if it was the Geman engineering or the Amsoil, but I put
my faith in both.

In the dirt cars we run Amsoil, I thought this was a waste of $$
until about a month ago.

I have not run this season (she won't let me), but I did go out about
5 weeks ago.  The car has been driven by several other people this
season, whoever was available to rent the ride.  So I get in it for
the first time this year and let it rip.

Since this was my first race of the season I had to start last in the
heat, finished forth out of 9 cars.  They transfer the top 3 to the
feature, so I'm on the front row for the consi.  The consi is 8 laps,
and I take the lead on the green flag.  Three laps in the low oil
pressure light comes on, meaning 15 psi in the head.  I keep going,
second gear, foot to the floor.  With three laps to go, the red light
comes on, meaning 0 psi in the head, that's right no oil in the head.
 I stick the car in third and cruse to an easy victory.

Now I am in the feature with no oil to the head.  I figure "it is a
junk yard motor anyway, so I'll run it till it blows and see where I
finish.  Well, I ran a 15 lap feature, started 13th and finished 8th
with no oil to the head.  The motor made smells I have never smelled
before, but it ran fine, second gear red-line for 15 laps.  Was it
the Amsoil that had been running in the engine all last season, or
was it the German design?

BTW the motor still runs, but I am putting another on in the car.

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chair
78 DSP VW Scirocco regional champ 94, 95, 97
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway
Rusty 78 Scirocco daily driver
(2) '80 Sciroccos- project cars- for sale