Re: There is nothing wrong with Hondas (BLASPHEMY!!!)

Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:

> They're great cars. Enough said. Yes, they have no character, and they're
> little tin boxes, yadda yadda yadda, but they are incredibly well engineered.
> They are more reliable than our VW's by a long shot, too...
> But I drive a VW, not a Honda. That says something, doesn't it? (And I'm not
> planning on switching, ever)
> Just bothers me to see Hondas get trashed on all the time. Maybe lame people
> drive them a lot, but they're good cars.
>     -Josiah

A VW fan saying Honda's more reliable??? Bring out your asbestos suit!!!
;-)

One thing that pisses me off about the honda advocates, is when, the car
actually DOES break down its just "wear and tear", but, when a VW breaks
down, "they're unreliable!". Has anyone else noticed this kind of crap
from jap car owners?

i think VW's are honestly just as reliable as hondas, with the primary
difference being that VW's are bulit for the more car-intelligent
european market, while japanese cars are pretty much idiot proof (north
american market) it seems. If you actually take proper care of a VW and
a honda, I will wager the VW will outlast the honda. And as for abuse,
like, driving the car hard, i'd say the VW has the edge there too, since
VW's are designed to be able to handle driving 130 on the autobahn.