Re: [all] synthetic oil

you all have made very good points,let me now defend myself.
Partly due to ignorance, or lack of knowledge there of, I was in the
middle of nowhere Alabama, and none of the gas station had Synthetic
oil, I was scared to mix a few quarts of natural stuff, (I fled to
Canada during the Jiffy-Lube draft). The oil light was not coming on,
the car was running exceptionally cool, what else could be wrong
besides an improper dipstick, who knows if he slapped one on from a
subaru or a honda or who knws what. The light did start to blink on
turns and as soon as i pulled in the driveway near my home.

Come to find out adding oil would have done nothing to my car,
possibly even damaging it as Ive had natural oil break down and
seperate and warp my Jetta's head. I added oil the next morning, 3
quarts, went strait through to the cement! I have a serious oil leak
somewhere, the engine bay is spotless and I sure as heck can't get
under the car. (2" from ground). All I know is I drove at least
600miles with a very very small ammout of synthetic in the car and
yeah it might have worn its life down a bit, but it's running strong,
and im almost positive hadit been natural oil I would have been
driving a Flaming Rieger Scirocco...

Ryan
fix: as soon as i can take it to a shop and get it on the lift, i
suspect an oil hose or something with a big hole in it, nothing
major as it wasnt leaking before the trip.