Re: Engine code question

I'd like to remind you the the higher horsepower ratings shown are almost
entirely a function of the auxilliary systems of the CAR, not the engine.
i.e. exhaust, intake, fuel injection...
	 The only 2 exceptions are compression-- and you don't want the 10:1
compression w/ a CIS motor anyways! It's a lot easier to increase
compresssion (like an 8.6:1 JH--shave the head) than to lower it.
	 The other exception is the camshaft. Presumably you'll be going to a
G-grind anyway, which is the best all-around cam for 99 bux.
Which is why I say that for a swap to regular CIS, the JH rules.

At 01:40 PM 8/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>That's very helpful, but I have a couple of other questions.  I notice in the
>list that some of the engines use digifant injection.  Are the actual
>injectors
>the same? I.E, can I use one of the RD/PF engines with my CIS injection?  I'm
>not too worried about reving high... I rarely do it.  (Except when I miss a
>shift going into fifth at 70... 6500 RPM in third gear *what a rush*)
Usually
>I'm out of a gear by 5000 RPM when I'm "gettin after it".
>
>At 01:56 PM 8/1/98 -0400, balance wrote:
>>
>> There are many VW 1.8 liters available-
>> JH (in the early models) was a solid lifter, 90 hp,
>> very reliable motor used in the Early GTi's and
>> Scirocco 8V's(and Cabrio)
>> some say the solid lifter head takes better to
>> performance mods,
>> as there is no "cushion" in the lifters so it allows
>> for higher rev's
>> Personally, I like the later model RD or PF code
>> engines-Hydraulic lifters,
>> 100+ HP, 110+ FT Lbs. torque.
>> Here is a chart from my Bentley Golf manual- (these are
>> all 1.8's)
>> Engine code-İİİİİİİİİİİ HPİİİİİİİ Torqueİİİİ compressionİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ
>> notes-
>> İİ JHİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 90İİİİİİİİİİİİ ?İİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 9-1
>> İİ GXİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 85İİİİİİİİİİİ 96İİİİİİİİİİİİİ
>> 9-1İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ Early Golf
>> İİİ MZİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 90İİİİİİİİİİİ 98İİİİİİİİİİİİİ
>> 9-1İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ later Golf
>> İİ HTİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 100İİİİİİİİİ 105İİİİİİİİİİİ
>> 10-1İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 85-87 GTi (8v)
>> İİ RDİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 102İİİİİİİİ 110İİİİİİİİİİ
>10-1İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ
>> Later Jetta, golf (digifant?)
>> İİ PF-İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 105İİİİİİİİİ 114İİİİİİİİİİ
>> 10-1İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ Digifant
>> İİ PLİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 123İİİİİİİİ 120İİİİİİİİİİ
>> 10-1İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ 1.8 16v
>> Hope this helps,
>> İİİİ Percy.
>

>--