Engine code question

Everynow and then, I'll see someone post something about a 1.8l JH engine.
Are there other types of 1.8 liters available?  If so, what are the pros/cons?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking for a 1.8l to throw in my car.  It
has a 1.6 right now, but I'm wanting to pick up a 1.8 that I can rebuild,
and work over and drop in eventually.  I just want to make sure I'm not
getting a 1.8l that is lower power than another... if that makes any sense