Re: Engine addatives

Message text written by Pei-Chung Ting
>> In a message dated 98-07-30 17:22:25 EDT, pennyz@ieway.com writes:

>I tried prolong in my 16v when I first got it. ..oil was nasty, and I
>couldn't get it changed for a couple days so I thought, what the heck.
>Made a noticeable difference when the engine was cold........

.....  Seems like the good oils already have a pretty comprehensive
>additives package that you shouldn't mess with.  Unless prolong has
>something that is really different technology and is patented.

SNIP
*****************************
Just to let all you know a paten does not make a product work. A
paten just keeps others from selling the same thing to the same market.
It can prevent others from making the same product and selling it
to a different market too. I have two patens and all they do is prevent
other people from selling the same product. I have worked on several
projects that the technology was patented. In some products the patented
component was just an add on. The paten did not make the
product better at all.

 So you could add a patented glue to motor oil and say it was a
really different technology. I would not want to put glue in my motor
just because it was a different  technology. I don't know if Prolog
works or not. (I do not use Prolog) The Prolog patens do not
make the product better they just keep others from selling the same
thing.

I think we should take a junk car and drain all the oil out, add Prolog,
and drive it.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
Unsnip

>  If anyone
>has more chemical knowledge about this, please share.  What I've heard is
>additives are designed for extreme conditions and stick extremely well to
>parts. . . they may end up clogging your system instead of helping....

>Thanks,
'>chung