Re: Low Voltage at Startup (Alternator ?)

In a message dated 97-09-30 18:45:45 EDT, you write:  mine had the same
problem all I did was clean all the metal dust off the voltage regulator and
re-install   problem solved   I think it's got something to do with the fact
that the voltage reg. terminals are so close together that the metal dust
makes an electrical contact of sorts   or maybe it's the design of the
voltage reg. (although I've since replaced my original with a different brand
only to recieve the same results after time    so   who knows ??
but just about all Bosche alternators do it    not just VW's either    later

<< scirocco-l@privateI.com >>