Subject: alternator
Author:  joshua14@juno.com (Joshua D Johnson) at TGATE
Date:    09/29/97 11.27 pm

hello there,

 The other day I noticed my alternator light coming on.  Well,
like a dumb sack of cow feces I Ignored...
result: I broke down on the side of the road and had to call my uncle to
come and pick me up.

The real question is: I have heard that a particular GM alterlator could
be fit into a scirocco with positive results.  I have a friend who did it
on an 8v and it worked wonders for the whole performance of his car,
but would it work on a

What amperage or voltage difference is there between the 8v and 16v
alternators...mounting differences?

Joshua
88 16v (dead)