Re: Aftermarket Electronic Ignition

> On Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:32:41 -0400 mark.peele@juno.com (Mark A. Peele)
> writes:
> >As some of you know, the 48 state U.S. Sciroccos came with point and
> >condenser ignitions until 1981. I installed the Electronic ignition
> >from my '81 into my 1980S. It works great.
> >
> >Now, my girlfriend Kristen has a 1978, and I want to convert it to
> >electronic ignition. Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced,
> >aftermarket kit to accomplish this?
> >
> >Thanks . . .
> >
> > . . . Mark
> >Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), 1981S (RIP), previously 1975TS, 1975
>
> Why not just update an ignition system from a CIS VW from the junkyard??
> It should be easy enough to do since your already an experienced ignition
> swapper! Right? :)
>
> You can use almost A1 system, it doesnt have to be a Scirocco.
>

>               Shawn Meze

Hmm.  Have you ever heard of Allison (SP?) they make a breakerless optical
ignition system for VW's that is very very accurate.  I'm not sure, but I think
they're not too expensive. (50 bucks??)

Here's what's listed in the Volkswagen W/C performance handboo:

Allison Ignition
1613 Flower Avenue
Duarte, CA 91010

(HTH)