Re: Polishing Manifold

I just finished all 4 runners..looks sharp!!!

get an electric sander (rectangle pad kind that goes in circles)
the get some coarse (100) medium(200-300) and super fine (600)
sandpaper sheets. and Mother's Mag polish

I took my manifold off and usen a dremel piece in my craftsman drill
to smooth the molding burr around the middle of each runner. I used
the 2" skinny dremel metal griner piece..I found it was the best as I
ran it up and down the runner.. (back and forth) I'm move it up and
down also as I was grinding away and it took that mold burr off no
sweat. Now this is where I should have left it bolted on..but I
didn't for the first runner..leave or put back on the
manifold..remove the spark plug wires, stuff some paper or cloth down
the plug holes and cover w/ tape so no filings get down in there.
them remove the nuts holding the 2 manifold pieces together to remove
those pesky clips (2 for the wires and 1 on the right side for
whatever that gizmo is)

take yer roughest sandpaper and run the sander un and down and as far
down the side of each runner (you should be able to sand smooth
almost the complete top half. using a craftsman elec sander. hit it
with the medium to take out the swirl marks the coarse will
leave..then use the 600..I used 1 piece of 600 for each runner..as
all the sand was worn off by the time i'd finish 1 runner. Just
go to town on it..sand away to your hearts..and shine's
content..after the 600 you'll see a dull shine..clean it off then hit
it with the Mothers Polish..viola!!!

leaving the manifold bolted on..id say its an 6-8 hour project
Ryan

damn i should really copy this to my web page.....