Re: Audi wheels??

> Hey, real quick before I turn in tonight. I recall somebody drooling over
> having a set of the Audi wheels, right? Brad and I met a guy down this
> dark alley this afternoon who has a set of 15' wheels for $80. I don't
> know if they're straight. I don't know if they're the 108mm or the
> preferred 100mm or not. The guy wasn't too edgumakated on most of the VW
> stuff that Brad Sheridan and I were looking at as far as the small
> important details like if it was 100mm or 108mm.
> (He tried to sell us a so called "GTi" Tilt Steering collum" that was
> about a POS. Also a shifter that was in worse condition that what I have
> in my Scirocco now.)
> Anyway, the wheels are tireless. (meaning they have no tires on them, not
> that they never tire...) and are gray in color. if your interested, I
> have his card and you can call him, maybe he will ship them, maybe not
> but for $80 I thought somebody would like to know.
> Brad got 2 teardrop wheels for $60. How did they clean up Brad??
> Nuh, night!

  They don't look half bad. One of the tires looks to have a little more
tread than the other, but both have at least half of the tread left. On
Sumitomo tires, which AFAIK is a decent brand. I think I now have a total of
9 or 10 good teardrops now:) I keep on finding them for sale so cheaply with
good tires, that its cheaper to buy them than buying new tires:).
  I could've sworn that guy said $60 for all 4 when I first asked him how
much they were. So when I pulled the car around, he then said he had said $160,
which still isn't bad, then he said he'd take $60 for two, which is kinda an
odd pricing setup. Since the tires weren't all the same brand anyhow, 2
Sumitomos and 2 Pirelli all seasons, I took the ones with the best rims to
replace my bald front tires. I'll get them spin balanced in a day or two to
make sure there OK, but they look like they're in good shape.

  BTW, the Velocity show wasn't bad at all. I saw quite a few cars I had
seen at the Autotech show, but there were a few new ones. Most important was
the sale stuff. I got a Stage 2 diff kit for $90, which was worth showing up
for by itself. I also ordered some Nology wires, but they are on extreme
backorder(2+ months).

  Shawn was so impressed with my savvy purchase of the diff kit, he even
offered to help me install it, right Shawn? ;)

Later,
Brad