Fw: Worst experience with Toyota Dealer

Does anyone know anything my friends can do about this?

>From: "Tri Mai" <my31@erols.com>
>To: "Mike Weiler" <lerb@redrose.net>, "Mike Birney" <maxima@redrose.net>
>Subject: Fw: Worst experience with Toyota Dealer
>Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 18:54:39 -0400
>

>----------
>> From: sratja <sratja@ibm.net>
>> Newsgroups: alt.autos.toyota
>> Subject: Worst experience with Toyota Dealer
>> Date: Thursday, September 25, 1997 4:14 PM
>>
>> I don't know how many of you have had this experience.
>> I just took my father to a local Toyota-Mazda dealer here
>> in Lancaster PA(Lancaster Toyota-Mazda) and had the worst experience
>> of buying a vehicle.  Initially we went in with a competetive price
>> from another dealer and they said they would match it.  The salesman
>> proceeds to itemize the equipment options and total up the price(
>> including tax and registration), then we said that we would think
>> about it and let him know the next day. I don't know about everyone else
>> ,but I have a hard time making a $30,000 decision in 5 minutes. The
>> salesman keep haggling us, saying that if we want the
>> vehicle we would need to put a deposit down.  We said that we
>> still would want to think about it and if the vehicle is sold before
>> we got there then that's fine.  Then he said how about just put $500
>> dollars down and we can come back and get our money back if we change
>> our mind.  We said no.  He said how about $100?  I said we don't even
>> have a check book with us.  We told him we  still need
>> to think about it first.  Then he said, Look how about just $20 deposit
>> so I can show my manager that I am trying.  Since we were naive and
>> was sick of the haggling, we gave in.  I figured I work only 2 miles
>> down the road from the dealership, I can just stop by and get our $20.
>>
>> Well, the next day my parents stop by at another dealer who gave them
>> a much better deal.  I called Lancaster Toyota to tell them that
>> we will not buying from them.  The Manager of Lancaster Toyota called
>> me up and threaten a lawsuit, saying that we have a breach of contract.
>> We have not even decided to buy or discussed any financial arrangement.
>> Now they keep calling us everyday to try to get us to go over to the
>> dealership.  I don't think I will be buying a vehicle from Lancaster
>> Toyota ever..

Mike Weiler
1984 rocco 8v 16v kit installed 131k (need minor interior parts).
Please e-mail me with any parts you may have extra and pricing.

In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the
proper order then why can't he?
          _______