Re: Damn Nissans

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 18:06:00 -0500 Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> writes:

>I've found when it comes to my Scirocco and stoplight challenges, it's
>best to get the RPM's up for a good launch, and not try to be sly and
>roll up from a low RPM in first.  Start high, feather the clutch and
>shift easy...WAAAAAAAAAAAA!  Then when Mr. K asks you "Have you see
>it?", you can tell them, "yea, I passed it a while ago".
>
>Jim Buck,
>ES #99

I have a cheap car program that will allow all the data you can stuff
into it and it will tell you all sorts of neat stuff. It told me my
optimum launch point for my Scirocco is 1800 rpms! Amazingly enough, it
launched great with that rpm. Ive tried a few launch rpms and I was just
clueless. (Even the rolling into it and then GAS GAS GAS!! Then one day I
was dorking with the program and it told me my optimum launch rpm, so I
tried it. Then I called the Potterman and we ran his car's info. Pretty
cool!
BTW, it says my car should do the 1/4 mile in 16.00 @ 84 mph. My G-meter
Pro tells me I run the 1/4 in 16.70 @ 83mph. Now all I need to do is run
a real 1/4 mile. I could beat that Corrado that keeps winning the VW
class at the import drag racing shootout by a full second!

Naw, id rather autox... More seat time and its not just waiting to race
seat time either... :-O

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and