Re: 16x7.5 rims on SII

So can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong??  I just bought a new set of
wheels for my '87 16v (Neuspeed lowering springs).  After careful
measuring and price consideration, I decided to go with 14x6, just like
stock.  I also bought a new set of 195/60/14's.  Now I'm getting a very
slight rub...  the rear half of the wheelwell.  The offset is 30mm.  How
are you guys getting away with 16x7.5 with 35mm offset??  Or 15x7's for
that matter?  Is my car just too low, or do I need to go with a 50 or 55
series tire?

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'86 GTi