Bad luck....

Well guys, the verdict is in, my motor is officially dead.  My local
mechanic dropped the oil pan, found that my crankshaft was "egg
shaped"....which equals "toast".......Soooooooo, I have just given the
order to make me broke....(god what I do for this car, I'm 3 months of
work into it, plus when I'm done $3000 into it.....UGGG)

Well, by the always helpful advise of everyone here, I'm dropping in a 88
Cariolet 1.8 JH code with 80K on it, 140 compression in all
cylinders....My mechanic is gonna check it out for me to make sure it's
cool...then drop my big-valve head on it, swap my brand new clutch
ectectect....$350 for the engine and probably 3-400 in labor....I REALLY
can't afford this! BUT, I didn't drive this car for a week, just to be
shoved back on my moped again.......

I hope you guys give me some support here, I'm losing faith.....

Eric