From: Ilias Glavinas <elias@tesla.wustl.edu>
Cc: "scirocco-l@privatei.com" <scirocco-l@privatei.com>
Subject: RE: wipers
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 11:11:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Bradley Peet wrote:

> Like Robert von Bismarck said about his 1983, I also had an '83 with a
single
> front wiper (may it REST IN PEACE).
>
> I think a better question is:  *Why* would anyone want to convert their
2
> wiper system to a single wiper?  I hated that thing when I had the '83.

I have the same question. Obviously the two wiper system is more
effective for what it is supposed to do.

My guess is that the single-wiper-converts do it because they think it
enhances the "sporty" look of the car (as few "utility" accessories as
possible?). But there might be something else to it, too.

Personally, I like the two-wiper look, especially the way the stone-guard

thingie on the driver-side wiper adds some imbalance to the car (just
like the driver-side-only-mirror in the Testarrosa :-)

Ilias