Re: 91 Scirocco

> From:          brett@kodak.com (Brett VanSprewenburg)
> To:            scirocco-l@privatei.com
> Subject:       Re: 91 Scirocco

> The Scirocco was made up until 1992, but not exported everywhere.
> Important to note due to the fact the factory is supposed to support
> their cars for 10 years, so we've got until 2002 until some of the trim
> pieces will become totally unavailable as new.

Thats very interesting, although it really doesn't make sense to me.
I don't believe it one bit.  The corrado was the sciroccos
replacement.  Because what I understand is that the scirocco wasn't
selling as well as they wanted.  They started making the corrado in
'90.  Then they stopped making it in 95 again (from what I gather)
because it wasn't selling up to par.  So why would VW make the
scirocco the same time as the corrado?!!?!?  The corrado was its
replacement.  Thet would have been like making the cabrio and
cabriole in the same year, its not good marketing.

If I'm wrong on any points here, tell me right away so I can change
my name and move away.

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 1.8 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...