From: Mark Besso <quattro@snet.net>
To: skerocdriver@juno.com
Subject: DSP race car available
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 23:24:41 -0400

If you, or any of your fellow DSP competitors, are looking for a well
sorted and extremely fast Scirocco 1 please contact me.  I have an
extremely well prepared 1981 available for sale. Here is a brief list of
it's statistics...
-balanced & blueprinted 1984 "JH" engine
-head has been cc'd & the cam degree'd to the crank
-ports are matched (within scca's 1" regulation)
-Extrude-honed intake manifold
-ceramic coated (inside and outside) header to a Techtonics exhaust
-lightened flywheel/clutch package (balanced along with the engine)
-Quaife limited-slip in close ratio gearbox
-custom made shift linkage with 70% reduction in throws and 20%
reduction in gate width
-custom made coil-over suspension package featuring Tokiko Illumina's &
Afco 2" coils
-1984 power steering system
-13x8" Ronal RC-2 three piece wheels w/Hoosier 225-45-D13 autocrosser's

If you know ANYONE that might be interested please have them e-mail me
or leave me a message @ 860-569-0764.  I know you are 3000 or so miles
away, but you know and understand what the investment in these
Volkswagens really represents.
I finished first in SCCA's New England region with this car in 1995,
then started racing an Audi.  The car never finished lower than third at
ANY race I entered.
I've got over $12,000 invested in this car, and am looking to get
something in the neighborhood of $6000.

Thanks for having such a cool page. It was fun to check out, and had
some good looking VW's.  Good luck racing.
Mark

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and