HELP!!!!

This week has majorly sucked guys, spun a rod bearing yesterday, the local
shop refuses to fix it, saying that I've probably got schrapnel inside
everywhere, they wan to replace the bottom end......(Shawn what did you
do?)....so I'm looking for advise here, replace the motor(which I really
don't have the money for, plus I liked this motor) or try and have another
shop replace the bearing????HELP!!!!!

Eric......
PS--anybody have a nice low mileage 8v 1.8 8.5:1 motor>>> for REALLY
cheap?<<<<