Re: Exhaust Problem

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 23:09:33 -0500 (CDT) Ilias Glavinas
<elias@tesla.wustl.edu> writes:

>My method of calculating my hp stems from an ancient Chinese procedure
>called: OpenTheManual. My Bentley clearly states that my US spec 1985 8V

>has 94hp. What manual do you have? Anyone out there that can clarify
this
>for us 100%?
>
>Ilias

Heh!! Open the manual. You are too funny!

Hey, for someone who doesn't have a beloved Bentley (Hey, there's a good
xmas gift idea! don't all of you rush right out and get me one...) does
it maybe say how/why it has 4 ponies more than the rest?? For example,
the GLi has listed as stock HP as 102 over the GTi's 100. Why, the
exhaust manifold flows better in the GLi than does in the GTi and gives 2
additional HP over the GTi's similar RD motor. Would this be an example
of the HP gain in 85 and up Scirocco JH motors???

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and