Re: lightronic

>        Did anyone see the add for NOPI in VW power, where they are
>advertising ice blue headlight bulbs?  Anyone have these?  I was just
>wondering if they are the same as those Porsche turbo, BMW, Merc... lights,
>or are they just a normal light with a blueish screen over them?  I know i
>would only be able to use them on euro lights since they are not a sealed
>beam type of light(i hope to have a set of euro lights soon)

Someone on the ng posted a review of these things a couple months ago.
Apparently the coating on the bulb noticeably reduces the light output, and
the bluish cast doesn't do as good a job of illuminating the road as
standard bulbs.  On the positive side, the blue light made reflective road
signs more visible, and looked neat-o to boot.  In the end he returned them
and went back to regular H1s!  YMMV of course.....