Re: a question of seats

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:24:08 +0100 Diane Slater <das@rri.sari.ac.uk>
writes:
>Hi all  I am kindof new to scirocco's. We have a Mk1 scirocco storm(
falling
>to pieces body wise, but the engine is sound) and have just bought a MK2

>GTII, what we( partner and I) are wondering is do you think we can shoe
horn
>the seats from the mark one into the mark two?
>thanks in advance
>Diane

Is a MK-II GTII a Scirocco or is this a Golf?? If its a Scirocco, they
will fit perfectly. If its a Golf, they will still fit, but if your 5'11"
or taller, they will sit rather high. I had 91 Golf GTi seats in my
Scirocco (Recaros) until recently. I simply sat too high in the car. I
loved the seats but they are now happy in my Jetta GLi and the Corrado
seats that were in my GLi are now much happier in my Scirocco. Im much
happier now because my 6'0" frame can get low in the car without my
helmet even being close to the headliner! (Heh! My head fits now..)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and