Re: suspension gurus II

hi,
here goes

>>When I find a pothole (very easy over here!!!), the front totally falls
>>through,
>
>What does this mean, "falls through"?
I mean the shock hits the bottom and it sounds like I hit the road with the
front.

>>I had a crack in my damn body of the car.
>Has this been fixed and also, was it only the body or is it also the
>chassis too?
Body only, fixed real good.

>Then do the same to the rear. If you compress the suspension a few times
>it should rebound on the first bounce and stop. if it keeps bouncing,
>like the springs are having a field day with it, then you got dead
>shocks.
>I hope this helps and don't forget to answer my questions for me.

The boingy-boingy test doesn't really give any answers, I say it doesn't
bounce, some say yes it does, other that it doesn't.

>Anyhow, a spring can be too short/stiff with a good shock OR a dead shock
>with a good spring.  Make sense?  Hope so, TTYS. (said Mannix)

Mannix got a pretty clear pic of my situation. I just want to know if a
stronger shock could do some good for me ... and which could they be,
Koni's, Bisteins,...

Thanks once more,
Arno