Re: Bridgestone RE-71

At 12:44 PM 9/18/97 -0400, joshua14@juno.com wrote:
>Question here.  On a Scirocco how do the Bridgestone Potenza RE-71 tires
>handle?  I'm thinking about them for my next tire purchase and would like
>to know how well they stick, and last.
>
>Joshua
>88 16v
>--
Hello Joshua:

I had them on my '84 GLI and I absolutely loved them. I only put about 8k
on the car before I smashed it into some a**hole that ran a red light. I
swear I wasn't speeding : ) Anyway, they were great in the dry and wet.
About mileage, I probably wouldn't expect more than 36k from any
performance tire.

I now have Yokohama AVIDs and I like 'em alot. Haven't had a problem in the
rain and I can't wait to see how they handle snow. A real bargain if you
ask me. I think you were, right? ; )

Regards,
Paul Hanley