Re: differential???

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997 17:19:00 -0400 dogmatic <dharma@cocoloco.com> writes:
>Hey guys, I am getting decent at stock stuff, but have a
>question...what is a differential, and where would it go?
>
>--
>dharma

A differential is what transfers the power to the wheels. It allows one
wheel to turn faster than the other which allows a car to basically turn
a corner.

Your diff is located within your tranny. its what the axles are connected
to. On RWD cars, the differentail is the big pumpkin in the center of the
rear axle. (its easy to spot on lifted trucks because its the onlt piece
that has a chrome cover on it. <G>)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and