Re: Europe vs USA

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Andy Hough wrote:

> As their seems to be a majority of American Scirocco owners on this list,
> can
> you tell me what are the differences (if any) between US Scirocco's and
> European ones. I have two pictures of my cars on my site, a 79 GL and a
> 85 GT, I'd be happy to show some US pics if you want to submit them.

Another small difference is the rear panel.  The holes for the bumper
brackets are smaller, as is the height of the license plate opening.  I
already knew about the bumper bracket hole difference, and was suprised as
heck when I found out the licence plate difference.

Don't ya just love the subtle differences....

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

Member & Webmaster -- Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm